The following is an email from Chris Davis who is a strategist for 40 Days for Life. He has alert that Sue Thayer, a former abortion provider in Iowa, will be in the area. I know many pro-lifers will learn how she stopped taking lives and now works with others to save lives. It will also plant the seeds for any of the abortion workers to one day walk away from Planned Parenthood.
We are very excited about Sue Thayer’s Philadelphia/New Jersey visits! She’s looking forward to joining all of you and plans to keep the following schedule:
Monday, April 1
- Plainfield, NJ at 2:00 pm (FORMER Planned Parenthood, 123 Park Avenue, Plainfield, NJ) and 3:15 (Options, LLC, 1024 Park Ave, Plainfield, NJ)
- Washington, NJat 6:30 pm (Planned Parenthood, 66 E Washington Ave, Washington, NJ)
Tuesday, April 2
- Bethlehem, PA at 9:30 am (Allentown Women’s Center, 31 S Commerce Way, Bethlehem, PA)
- Allentown, PA at noon (Planned Parenthood, 29 N 9th St, Allentown, PA)
- Warminster, PA at 6:30 pm (Planned Parenthood – Warminster Medical Center, 610 Louis Dr, Warminster, PA)
Wednesday, April 3
- Northeast Philadelphia, PAat noon (Planned Parenthood Surgical Center, 2751 Comly Rd, Philadelphia, PA)
- Philadelphia (combined), PA at 6:30 pm (12th and Locust Planned Parenthood, 1144 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA)
Thursday, April 4
- Chester County, PA at 9:00 am (West Chester Planned Parenthood, 8 S Wayne St, West Chester, PA)
You can reach Sue at (979) 595-3174. This visit is intended to help generate publicity, grow your campaign, motivate participants, and celebrate God’s blessings during this campaign. Sue will also be delighted to share a meal with you and your team, to meet with any local pro-life or church leaders as may be helpful to you, and to conduct media interviews as possible.
We urge you and your team to make some advance preparations to help ensure that this visit is as useful for you and your campaign as possible. Here are our recommendations:
Request Media Coverage
- Create a list of local media that might consider covering your event. Include both secular and Christian television programs, radio programs, newspapers, magazines, and even blogs.
- Update and email the attached press release to the media on your list, to your participants, and to other organizations that might want to participate.
- Consider following your press release with a phone call the next day.
- Please take high-resolution photographs (at very least 1MB). A smartphone is all you need for this! Group photos are great! But please take some “action shots” too. Photograph people praying and holding signs. Photograph hands, feet, close-ups of faces. Photograph the abortion facility where you are praying or whatever you think tells the story. Consider enlisting a college student to do this! Send those photos to email@example.com.
Other Tips and Suggestions
- Use the attached speaker biography and picture to promote the event.
- Effective strategies for increasing event attendance include direct phone calling, bulk email, email messages to individuals and social media.
- Arrange for someone to take pictures of the visit for local and national use.
We’ll be praying for you and your team.
Learn more about Sue Thayer here: Sue Thayer’s Interview