Two important events are happening on Saturday, September 14 for pro-lifers in the Greater Philadelphia region:
We know people may feel nervous witnessing outside an abortion clinic for the first time. There is a fear of not “knowing the drill.”
That’s why we are starting monthly “NEWBY SATURDAY” at Planned Parenthood at 12th & Locust Streets in Philadelphia to help pro-lifers become acclimated with this type of outreach!
HOW IT WILL HELP: “Newby Saturdays” are designed to answer the following questions for a first-time witness:
- Is there a brochure I can hand to women?
- Do I have to/can I talk to anyone?
- Where can I stand?
- What are the yellow-vested ‘escorts’ doing?
- Is there anything I should or shouldn’t do?
- Some people are praying the rosary, but I don’t do that; what else can I do?
- Is everybody going in getting an abortion?
- Is there a way to tell if a woman has arrived for an abortion?
- What are the brown bags women are carrying out?
DATE: Join us this month on Saturday, September 14 (note: “Newby Saturdays” will occur on the second Saturday of each month—mark your calendars for October 12, November 9, and December 14 for the rest of 2019).
TIME: from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
LOCATION: outside Planned Parenthood at 12th & Locust Streets in Philadelphia, PA
OTHER DETAILS: We’ll have a seasoned person there: Tom Stevens (Pro-Life Union President and CEO), Patrick Stanton (Pro-Life Union Board Member; Leader of Philadelphia 40 Days for Life), Dr. Monique Ruberu (Pro-Life Union Board Member; Leader of Philadelphia 40 Days for Life), or another designee to help answer common questions asked about Sidewalk Servants.
ANY QUESTIONS? Call the Pro-Life Union office at 215-885-8150 the Friday before “Newby Saturday” to find out which experienced Sidewalk Servant leader will be there, or if you have other questions.
If you’re interested in attending September’s “Newby Saturday,” click here to send us an email, or you can just show up that morning!
SPREAD THE WORD: Share our Facebook event to friends and family on social media.
NATIONAL DAY OF REMEMBRANCE FOR ABORTED CHILDREN
To remember millions of our precious angels who were aborted, the United States observes National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children.
Join these special events in the Greater Philadelphia region:
- 9:00 a.m.—Mass at St. Katharine Drexel (1920 Providence Ave., Chester, PA 19013)
- 10:30 a.m.—Inter-Denominational Prayer during a Memorial Service for the Unborn at IHM Cemetery (1701 Market Street, Linwood, PA 19061). We will remember 212 aborted babies buried at this location since 1988.
- 1:00 p.m.—There will be a Memorial Service for the Unborn at Laurel Hill Cemetery (3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132). At this location, we will remember the babies killed by Dr. Kermit Gosnell.
For more information about all events planned in the state of Pennsylvania and throughout the United States, visit abortionmemorials.com.
Your prayerful presence at these events (Newby Saturday and National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children) will provide hope for the community. Will you be there to show that the sanctity of human life truly matters from the moment of conception?