The following is from an email I received from Tom Stevens, President and CEO of the Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia. While this specifically pertains to the SE Pennsylvania area, others areas across the country may want to incorporate this idea of a ‘Newby Saturday as well.
11/9 ‘Newby Saturday’ in Philadelphia!
DATE: Saturday, November 9
TIME: from 10:00am-12:00pm
LOCATION: Outside Planned Parenthood at 12th & Locust Streets in Philadelphia*
*Fact: There were 4,231 unborn lives lost at this particular Planned Parenthood location in 2018.
HOW NEWBY SATURDAY WORKS: “Newby Saturdays” are designed to answer the following questions for a first-time or newer witness:
- Is there a brochure I can hand to women?
- Do I have to/can I talk to anyone?
- Where can I stand?
- What are the yellow vested ‘escorts’ doing?
- Is there anything I should or shouldn’t do?
- Some people are praying the rosary, but I don’t do that; what else can I do?
- Is everybody going inside the building getting an abortion?
- Is there a way to tell if a woman has arrived for an abortion?
- What are those brown bags women are carrying out?
OTHER DETAILS: We’ll have a seasoned person there: Tom Stevens (Pro-Life Union President and CEO), Patrick Stanton (Pro-Life Union Board Member; Leader of Philadelphia 40 Days for Life), Dr. Monique Ruberu (Pro-Life Union Board Member; Leader of Philadelphia 40 Days for Life), or another designee to help answer common questions about Sidewalk Servants.
QUESTIONS? Call our office at 215-885-8150 the Friday before “Newby Saturday” to find out who will be there, or if you have other questions.
SPREAD THE WORD: Click here to view our Facebook event and share it with friends and family on social media.
Continue to pray for the unborn and the vulnerable. Your prayers and compassionate outreach can save lives and restore faith in the lives of others.