Below is information from SF Bay Area Life Runners on the upcoming 40 Days for Life Campaign weekdays at Planned Parenthood on Valencia Street (which is soon to close) and at their new site on Bush Street on Sundays. Information is provided below to sign up for this campaign.
- The campaign runs from February 26 to April 5, 2020 from 8am-8pm every day.
- We are holding vigils at two locations:
- Sign up for hours at our website https://40daysforlife.com/local-campaigns/san-francisco/. Or you sign up by emailing us at email@example.com or calling (408) 840-DAYS (3297).
- We expect this to be the LAST 40 Days for Life campaign at the existing Planned Parenthood at 1650 Valencia Street. Planned Parenthood plans to close this location when it opens its new Flagship location at 1522 Bush Street in Fall 2020. (More info here, here and here.)
- The new location features 8,000 sq ft of clinical space, which if I am correct, is 2x larger than the current 4,000 sq ft Valencia clinic. In addition to the clinic, the new location will have an additional 3,000-6,000 sq ft of space for education & training, conference space for gatherings and a research lab. As you can see, this new clinic greatly expands upon Planned Parenthood’s current activities in NorCal.
- The location cost about $6M to purchase (source). In their most recent permit filed 6/20/19, Planned Parenthood reported spending an additional $7.5M in construction costs to convert this former auto body shop into a medical clinic (source: SF Planning Commission website). That’s at least $13.5M of tax payer dollars spent on this facility.
- Fun fact: The parcel number for this clinic is “0666/006“, which we believe is no coincidence given the evil of abortion.
- Similar to our first SF Fall campaign in 2019, we plan to pray at both the current Planned Parenthood location from Mondays through Saturdays and the new Bush Street location on Sundays.
- Ron Konopaski, recipient of 40 Days for Life’s Leader of the Year award in 2019 and the Walk for Life’s St. Gianna Molla Award in 2020, will be once again leading the campaign.