“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Thomas Jefferson
Those words can be no further from the truth in the 21st Century. Even our founding fathers knew that right to life cannot be infringed. Sadly, that has been the case from Roe V Wade to scandals surrounding covid-19 positive patients in nursing homes and everything in between. Life is being infringed because statesmen, lawyers, judges, doctors, and even wealthy people can play God.
Our founding fathers risked their lives for giving up our freedom. Today, it is pushed to the back burner due to political correctness and even the popularity of marxist ideologies among younger people. 20% of Americans do not even know one signer of the Declaration of Independence, yet they can tell you about Che Guevara.
Let us never forget why we celebrate Independence Day. It’s more than BBQ, beach excursions, and fireworks. It is a day we celebrate America becoming a nation under God. Ronald Reagan once made the remark that if America forgets that their nation is under God, they will falter. He was right.
Our nation is so divided. We need to ask God to pour out his precious blood over our land and plead for him to heal it.
Suggestions To Celebrate the 4th
- Pray the Patriotic Rosary. Substitute the quotes with a reflection or scripture
- Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Offer it for the intention of the restoration of faith in America for every state. Example: Have mercy on Pennsylvania and on the whole world.
- Read the Declaration of Independence
- Learn about the Catholic roots of the Declaration of Independence
- Educate your family, friends, and even neighbors on the importance of life being an inalienable right.
- Offer communion, mass, and even Holy Hour for the reparations made against America.
On behalf of the Voices for Life team, we want to wish our fellow Americans a safe, Coll, and blessed Independence Day Weekend.
May God Bless and Save America
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD” Psalm 33:12