While we worry (and rightfully so) about what to expect with an extremely pro-abortion Biden/Harris administration, great things are happening in the pro-life movement. One example is the opening of a community center in the Frankford section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which will offer support to those living in this neighborhood while building a life-affirming presence in the community. See article from Tom Stevens, below for more information, and please consider helping the Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia in their efforts with a donation.
By: Tom Stevens, President and CEO, Pro-Life Union
Philadelphia March for Life. Done. Now what? In April the Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia will open the first-ever Community-Based Culture of Life Initiative of its kind in Frankford (just north of Kensington), Philadelphia. Mom’s Place Life Center, the goal is to transform Frankford, Philadelphia for a Culture of Life by building a sustainable, self- sufficient, and permanent pro-life presence there. Through education, community engagement, compassionate service and programming, we will partner with Catholic Social Services and the Capuchin Friars at the Padre Pio Prayer Center to build an effective program that minimizes abortion-risk in the area.
Mom’s Place Life Center will be at 1527 Church Street, Frankford, Philadelphia. Proposed services and resources:
- Classes: Parenting, child-birthing, fatherhood, prenatal and much more
- Counseling, Therapy
- Diapers, wipes, baby supplies
- Pregnancy Fitness Classes: Fitness classes for pregnant women will be taught by a certified fitness instructor (specialized in pregnancy fitness).
- Housing Assistance.
- Car Seat and Crib Program, Newborn and Maternity Clothing Resources.
- Real Alternatives Information, STI/STD Information, Health and Resource Referrals.
- Fatherhood Initiatives
- Chastity/Abstinence Programming
- Moms Coffee Clubs, Toddler Play Area and other
Family Support services
- Nursing Room: Moms can nurse their baby when needed. This room will be a full-service program with comfortable seating, soft instrumental music, changing facilities and drinking water available
- Grandparents Corner
- Know God, Know Yourself, Know Others
- Low cost ‘Mom’s Place’ Laundromat