Happy June to everyone.
Schools will soon be out for the summer. Students will be enjoying a few long weeks of their much-anticipated summer break.
Sadly, there is still work that must be done. Here is a list of things you can do to continue being pro-life during the hot, hazy, days of summer.
- Pray outside of abortion facilities near you. Be sure to do it when you’re traveling.
- Volunteer at a local pregnancy center
- Collect maternity items and donate them to pro-life groups. Some may have a list through Amazon of the items they are in need of.
- Here’s an ongoing effort.
- Hand out St. Joseph prayer cards on Father’s Day to all of the fathers.
- Check on the elderly.
- Buy their groceries and offer to pick them up.
- Run errands for them
- Be sure to remember those getting married, graduating, or recently welcomed to the faith by supporting some pro-life business people and authors. See my previous blog for information.
- Offer to watch children if single moms have work or other things planned.
- Continue to share the pro-life message on social media.
- Read some pro-life-themed books.
- Attend a retreat or pro-life conference (in-person events are coming back, so you may want to take advantage of it).
- Hold a Holy Hour for Life at your church
- Recruit new people for your respect life committee at your church.
- Fundraise for pregnancy resource centers
- Host a dance party event
- Have a beer and beef event
- Host a screening of a recent pro-life movie, especially Roe v. Wade
We hope you have a great month of June. Be ready to stand for life.