The following information was taken from the newsletter of the Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia. They are looking for prayer support as well as volunteers. To volunteer, contact the Pro-Life Union at email@example.com. To make a donation to help them with this worthwhile endeavor, please use this link.
In October of 2021 the Frankford Family Life Center (final name still to be announced) will fully launch and we’ll have the opening ceremonies events. The Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia in an expanded partnership with Catholic Social Services are opening the first-ever Community-based Culture of Life Initiative of it’s kind. The goal is to transform the Frankford section of Philadelphia into a Culture of Life by building a sustainable, self-sufficient, and permanent pro-life presence there. Through compassionate service, education, community engagement, programming and material assistance, we will build an effective effort that helps many moms and families (already servicing more than 60 families) and minimizes abortion-risk in the area. Planned services include:
- Parenting, Child-birthing, Fatherhood, Prenatal Classes and many other types of education.
- Providing diapers, wipes, baby supplies, feminine hygiene products, formula, food & baby/children clothing.
- Pregnancy Fitness Classes: Fitess classed for pregnant women will be taught by a certified fitness instructor specialized in pregnancy fitness.
- Housing Assistance
- Car Seat and Crib Program, Newborn and Maternity Clothing resources
- Real Alternatives information, STI?STD information, Health & Resource referrals.
- Fatherhood Initiatives.
- Chastity/Abstinence Programming
- Moms’ Coffee Clubs, Toddler Play area and other family support services, seating, soft instrumental music, changing facilities.
- Grandparent’s Corner
- Know God, Know Yourself, Know Others
- No cost laundromat – now in operation. Thank you to the donors who gave new washers and dryers!
The Frankford Family Life Center is already service over 58 women and counting! Right now the center is open on Thursday’s and Friday’s as renovations and improvements of the space are taking place. It will be staffed full-time this summer and we will be providing lunches this summer to school-aged children. We look forward to watching this center take flight in October!
Would you Pray for Us?
We need your prayerful support! The Frankford Family Life Center is an exciting new mission, but it will be hard work, so we need all the help we can get. Please consider starting a prayer tream to help life up this project as we move forward! And pray that it impacts the community and decreases abortion in the area.