Since the Roe v Wade decision has scourged society, the Catholic clergy has asked the faithful to fast from a meal and materialistic things, pray, and most importantly to do some sort of penance.
Here’s a list of things you can do for each of the three categories.
- Skip a meal
- Avoid eating snacks unless you have a medical condition
- Drink water
- Give up alcohol
- Spend less time on social media
- Skip retail therapy
- Offer a rosary for an end to abortion
- Pray the Flame of Love rosary in front of abortion facility. Tip: Dive deeper into this devotion by praying all twenty mysteries
- Attend a Holy Hour or coordinate one at your parish
- Run a prayer service or attend a rally in your community
Do an act of penance
- Give food or clothes to the homeless
- Donate maternity items to a pregnancy center in your community
- Visit someone who has been homebound due to physical ailment or mental illness
- Offer your next communion (in a state of grace) for the conversion of those who work in the abortion industry
The fight against abortion is not just a long human struggle. It has also been a spiritual battle that we must engage in. Continue to receive the sacraments, attend Mass (in-person of course), make a good confession, and show mercy towards others.